As we end the month, here is a recap of our little biography. Tomorrow, there will be a quiz, so please take another peek at the biography and study these facts (also quoted from the biography):
1. Full name: Johann Sebastian Bach.
2. Born 1685, died 1750.
3. As a little boy he sang in the streets, begging from door to door.
4. His father and mother died when he was ten years old.
5. He went to live with his brother.
6. He took his first position when he was seventeen.
7. He used to walk long distances to hear famous organists, one of whom was named Buxtehude.
8. He could play the organ, clavichord, violin, and other stringed instruments.
9. He wrote music for the voice (solo and chorus).
10. And for many different instruments.
11. He never met his fellow countryman, Handel.
12. Bach copied lots of music because printed music was dear in his day.
13. He was Cantor of the Thomas School for many years.
14. Once he visited Frederick the Great at Potsdam.
15. For his little son, Friedmann, he wrote a book of Little Preludes.